onverting base64 data and showing this as a file in our webpage is tricky sometime. I wrote this article, because
I was facing problem in showing
base64 data into PDF in one of the my project.
The scenario was, I was getting the base64 data in API response, and I need to show a new popup window and in this
popup the pdf supposed to shown. That pdf supposed to be generated
by that API response.
So to acheive this goal, I explored a lot and found the best way is, I convert that base64 into Blob data and later shown this blob data into iFrame.
Let's have a look on below function to convert base64 data into Blob data
In the below codes, I am doing following stuff:
* Opening a new popup window with width 100 and height 100.
* Getting a reference of that new window and calling open().
* Resizing that window to screen width and height.
* specifying the content type ('application/pdf').
* Converting base64 data to blob data with given contentType.
* Writing this blob data into iFrame and then adding it into document.
* Printing that contentWindow with getElementById.
Let's see in the codes:
Let's call the print function to convert that base64 into pdf.
In this article, we converted base64 data into pdf and shown this pdf in a new popup window. We converted base64 into blob data and displayed this blob in new popup window using iFrame.
If you found this article is helpful, then please share this article's link to your friends to whom this is required, you can share this to your technical social media groups also. You can follow us on our social media page for more updates and lates article updates.